The Harvest Helper Organic Gardening System
Learn Organic Gardening the Easy Way
Learn • Plan • Plant
The Harvest Helper Organic Gardening for Vegetables
The Harvest Helper Planting Wheel
The Harvest Helper Flower and Vegetable Workbooks
The Harvest Helper Yearly Record Keeping Forms
Bantam Doubleday Dell Press:
"The Harvest Helper is ingenious... I had a lot of fun playing with it..."
ALL IN ONE PACKAGE
Briefly, this is what The Harvest Helper can do for your Organic Garden:
I am Kathleen deMaCarty and I have written and invented an unbelievably unique set of products that will instantly give you the information that you want - WITHIN SECONDS. “The Harvest Helper Organic Gardening for Vegetables” not only teaches organic gardening but tried and true gardening techniques.
My unique products solve several problems:
PROBLEM #1. WASTING TIME - The book is planned out with 23 categories and in outline format and easy Step-by-Step directions. You won’t waste time looking for information. You will find it the first time.
PROBLEM #2. LEARNING GARDENING TECHNIQUES – This book is not just an organic gardening book, it is a gardening book. You will learn how to garden if you are a novice and if you are experienced, you may learn something that you didn’t think of to improve the quality or timing of your vegetables.
PROBLEM #3. LEARNING ORGANIC GARDENING – If you wanted to go green with your garden but you were afraid that it would be a disaster, then my book will show you the way – what to use, how to use it, how to prevent it or how to avoid it - AND HOW TO DO IT.
PROBLEM #4. CONFUSING AND HARD TO FIND INSTRUCTIONS – I use simple Step-by-Step directions. Each task or step is broken down and it is presented in outline format. I assume no knowledge. The experienced gardener can just skip over sections and go right to the step that they want to learn.
PROBLEM #5. WHAT NOT TO DO - Have you ever planted corn and made a nice straight single row and wondered why you didn’t get any corn? Well, planting in a single row is a big no-no. Sometimes you just have to know what NOT to do.
PROBLEM #6. WHICH PLANTING METHOD TO USE – My book goes over the different planting methods for each of the 30+ vegetables and their cultivars. Would you like to plant using the Square Food Gardening, or a double row? Both are planting methods are appropriate for a particular plant.
PROBLEM #7. CONFUSING PLANTING DATES AND FROST TOLERANCES – Vegetables have different tolerances to frost. Some tolerate hard frost and others will be put in the compost heap when frost touches them. My wheel will help you plant at the exact perfect time and will also give you the date to plant 3 weeks earlier than usual if you use protection. You just have to know how to protect the seedlings. This is where the book comes in. The dates you calculate on The HH Wheel are for your garden, not the million or so gardens in i.e. Zone 5. And you don’t have to count backwards on the calendar ever again.
PROBLEM #8. DISORGANIZED RECORD KEEPING – Notebooks are great but they are hard to set up for each individual vegetable. With my flower and vegetable workbook forms and yearly record keeping forms, keeping organized is a snap. Just print it out year after year. This makes it easy to look back to last year and duplicate or avoid certain things that you did.
These awesome products lets you control every aspect of your garden:
Here are a few of the things that you can learn from The Harvest Helper:
· What are the specific dates to plant in your garden based on your frost date ( in book and on wheel)?
· What is the spacing between plants/seeds and rows (in book and on wheel)?
· Do you want to have all the plant spacing at your fingertips in the garden?
· Do you want to keep your books safe, clean and out of the garden?
· What is the best temperature for germination?
· Do you plant before or after a hard frost?
· If you stored seeds, how do I know that they are viable?
· What is the number of weeks to plant before or after a hard frost?
· What are the Step-by-Step planting and transplanting instructions?
· How deep should you plant each seed?
· Do I plant in a single row, double row or in block planting?
· Should you put the vegetable in a raised bed or not?
· Do I pre-spout?
· Do I use a cold frame?
· What is the recommended spacing for Square Food Gardening?
· How many days do I harden off the seedling?
· What is the best thinning spacing and method?
· What are the best temperature, pH and drainage?
· What type of light does can the plant tolerate?
· Do I mulch and if I do what type: Clear plastic, Black plastic or Organic Mulch?
· How much watering does the plant require?
· What watering methods are the best?
· Does the plant need support?
· What companion planting and intercropping is best?
· What type of organic fertilization is best?
· Does the plant require more Nitrogen, Phosphorous or Potassium?
· Is the plant a heavy feeder?
· Does the plant need to be pollinated by bees?
· What is the best method for cultivation?
· Does the plant have a shallow or deep root system?
· Do I have to prune the plant?
· What is the best method for protecting the plant (Wall O’ Waters, slitted row cover floating row cover or cloche?
· What are the specific Step-by-Step cultural instructions for a particular plant?
· What are the major pests for the plant?
· What products or methods do I use to protect the plant?
· What are the major diseases for a plant?
· What products or methods do I use to protect the plant?
· What are the number of days from seed to harvest?
· When is the best time to pick each vegetable?
· What is the best method of storage for a particular vegetable?
· How long can I store the seeds?
· Do I have to rotate a particular crop?
Do you agree with the following?
Do you want to save your valuable time?
Would you like all the information summarized for you?
Would you like your family to eat safer foods?
Do you want to improve your general gardening skills?
Would you like to convert to organic methods but don’t know how?
Would you like to garden with safer organic methods and less toxic products?
Do you want to have the best looking and most productive garden in your area?
Would you like to have the earliest tomato on the block?
Would you like to produce more vegetables in a smaller space?
Would you like to extend the season?
Would you like to have a better garden than last year?
The Harvest Helper Book, Wheel and CD Are for You
THE HARVEST HELPER FLOWER AND VEGETABLES WORKBOOK ON CD